How to Host a Fundraiser – September 22
Author: Shannon Kinney
Looking for a fun way to celebrate your birthday, company event or holiday? Hosting an online virtual fundraiser for Second Harvest is easy and makes an impact. We’ll give you the tools to create teams, share your event and track top fundraisers.
Virtual fundraisers help Second Harvest quickly get food to people facing hunger in our community. They also save money on resources like food drive boxes and gas for donation pickup.
Here’s how to start your virtual fundraiser:
- Visit our Take Action page and click the “Host a Fundraiser/Get Started” button.
- Click the “Start a fundraiser” button and customize your event.
- Tag us in your social promotions and spread the word!
Prefer to collect money or food in person? Host a food drive. The nonperishable food that’s collected will be donated directly to a food pantry in your community.
Follow these steps to host a food drive:
- Visit our Take Action page and click the “Host a Food Drive/Get Started” button.
- Under Food Drive, click “Register your food drive here” to request collection boxes and donation cans.
- Use our toolkit to promote your drive and start collecting.
- Tag us in your social promotions to let people know how they can help.
Every dollar donated makes a difference for neighbors experiencing food insecurity. Thank you for partnering with us.