BITE2GO VOLUNTEER DRIVERS
I feel very happy. I’m able to do chores, run around and have fun. Emily, a third-grader, says of the impact of Bite2Go food
1 IN 7 CHILDREN FACES HUNGER
Experience the joy of bringing happiness to children
Please consider joining our team of dedicated volunteer drivers who use our vans to deliver Bite2Go weekend food supplies to schools in Eastern Washington and North Idaho communities.
Thanks to generous support from people like you, Second Harvest provides nearly 10,000 elementary, middle and high school students with food for over the weekend through Bite2Go. Many of these children face chronic food shortages at home and, without Bite2Go, they would not get enough to eat on Saturdays and Sundays during the school year. You can be part of the solution by joining our volunteer driver team.
To learn more, contact Sherry Wallis at (509) 252-6260 or email@example.com.
Bridge the Last Mile
With you, we can feed nearly 10,000 children every week.
We’re part of the volunteer driver team that delivers Bite2Go food to help alleviate child hunger.
- Driver must be 21 years of age.
- Driver’s Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed.
- Driver must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Routes run late August through early June.
- Routes are local and throughout our service region, which includes Eastern and Central Washington and North Idaho.
- Routes are weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Freight amount varies per route.
- Routes may include multiple stops.
- Countless opportunities are available, including short and long-term commitments.
Our service area extends to schools in numerous rural areas. Average shifts are two to four hours, with additional routes that are six to eight hours in length.
Drivers can also sign up for multiple local shorter routes in one day.
Food Kit Delivery
- Food kits are shipped in boxes placed on pallets within the van.
- Drivers are responsible for offloading the product from the van.
- Hand carts are provided to help move boxes into the schools.
- Most locations will have one or more people available to assist you.
- Offloading is a manual process. Driver must be able to lift 20 to 30 pounds consistently.
- Vehicles are provided by Second Harvest.
- Vans range in size from 8 to 14 feet (holds a maximum of four pallets).
- Automatic transmission – comfortable to drive.